Follow new jobs on Twitter
How you complete an application form is important
There are a few guidelines you should follow:
- read and carefully follow ALL the instructions
- ask for help if there is anything you don't understand
- practise on photocopies or blank paper and make sure your answers are neat and clear, with no errors - spelling or grammar
- write out the actual form lightly in pencil first
- check you've completed all the relevant parts
- take a photocopy in case you get an interview
- send off the form in time for the closing dates
- think ABC - Accurate, Brief and Clear
Information required on application forms
- Forms require information such as personal details, education, qualifications, work experience and referees.
- There is also usually a place for adding a further information/supporting statement - this is information to support your application, in other words, why the nursery should choose you for the job.
- Think about what the nursery is looking for from applicants - the requirements of the job. Give examples of how you demonstrate the necessary interests, skills, experience, personal characteristics, etc.
Back to Career Advice