We are proud to be working with a leading and highly established nursery in Colchester who are recruiting an experienced Room Leader. Salary £16,640-£17,056 on a maternity contract (minimum 1 year)
The company was founded in 1998 upon wholly ethical foundations to promote quality day nursery provision. The investment into the nursery group has been extensive which has enabled them to develop state-of-the-art nurseries, each equipped with first class facilities and supervised by dedicated staff totally committed to quality childcare.
Amazing Company Benefits include:-
• Paid Christmas close down period
• Generous holiday scheme that increases with service and seniority + bank holidays
• Day off for your birthday (service related)
• Family friendly flexible working
• Discounted childcare for parents
• Ongoing professional development and training
• Pension scheme
• Uniform provided
• Life Cover
• Employee loyalty scheme
• Maternity & adoption bonus (service related)
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Employee of the month scheme
What is the purpose of the job?
The role of the Room Leader is to work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and management to the playroom staff and to ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
What do you have to achieve?
• High standards of care and education
• Compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Positive working relationships with staff, parents and carers
• Play room staff who feel supported in their roles
Childcare and Education
• Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
• Provide professional and relevant feedback to parents/carers about their child.
• Ensure all records of development and learning are fully and accurately maintained by the appropriate staff.
• Ensure appropriate planning is in place to maintain the required standards consulting with the Senior Nursery Nurse when necessary.
• Provide leadership and support to playroom staff to enable them to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Deploy staff appropriately to ensure that the required standards are delivered and maintained within the play room.
• Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery keycarer procedures and allocate children to keycarers appropriately.
• Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
• Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
• Implement and support others in delivering, the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines.
• Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
Health and Safety
• Undertake a shared responsibility for health safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
• Adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures.
• Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
• Support the Nursery Manager and staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
• Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
• Support and supervise playroom staff with their day-to-day duties.
• Support and mentor staff and students.
• Be responsible for taking part in all self-development activities such as appraisals.
• In conjunction with the senior management team identify and address individual training needs of playroom staff.
• Develop open and positive working relationships with staff.